The founder, Margo Rosenberg, is a London-based independent marketing
consultant who, for some 10 years, has been devising and managing marketing
programs for the IT sector.
Her solid record of marketing success is based on more than 20 years'
experience in the IT sector. She had a strong technical background before
moving into marketing and has an exceptionally broad knowledge of IT
products and the way businesses use them.
It's a combination that gives her credibility not only with IT specialists
but also with non-technical business users. She's able to communicate
with these front-liners – who often take the final purchasing
decisions – in the straightforward, jargon-free language they're
Independent marketing consultant, delivering strategy, services and
results to the IT sector:
- Approached by Oracle to work with their leading applications partner
in the UK. Generated new business through a telemarketing campaign
and devised core messaging for the website. (Case study)
- Developed a series of executive briefings for a graphical solutions
software house, resulting in £0.4m additional revenue.
- Managed partner marketing for an information integration company.
Raised its profile through regular update briefings and e-newsletters,
resulting in new business through joint sales calls. (Case study)
Manager with Oracle Corporation UK Ltd:
Industry Marketing Manager, UK Financial Services (1997-98).
- Directed all vertical marketing for the financial services sector.
Managed £250k marketing budget.
- Generated substantial pipeline revenue to underpin sales performance
leading to a revenue increase of 140 per cent on the previous year.
- Extended sales penetration to business users in the wholesale banking
area – traditionally Sybase territory – through a partner
campaign positioning Oracle as a solutions enabler. Generated an average
of £0.5m per programme.
- Pioneered the branding of the Financial Services Solution Centre
by developing the positioning, collateral and initial marketing plan.
Campaign material was adopted as best practice by global vertical
- Exploited the market need for Customer Relationship Management
in insurance and retail banking, resulting in at least £0.75m
Business Development Manager, OLAP Division (1995-96).
- Established OLAP (online analytical processing) revenue stream
for Oracle, generating new business across all sectors, through targeted
end user campaigns.
- Exceeded revenue target in first year after acquisition by 15 per
cent, primarily from propositions developed around the core financial
Consultant with IRI Software, the market leader in Decision Support
software, acquired by Oracle in 1995.
Senior Consultant, Business Development, Financial Services (1993-95).
- Supported the sales team in tactical marketing campaigns.
- Established sector branding for the team through development of
case studies, PR and solutions-oriented collateral.
Senior Consultant (1990-93).
- Delivered management information systems in financial services,
retail and manufacturing sectors using Express multi-dimensional technology.
- IT management positions in technical, consulting and marketing roles.
- BSc (Statistics and Mathematics), University of Cape Town.